Happy November everyone! It’s so crazy to think next month is Christmas already. Where did this year even go?! Does anyone else feel like we just celebrated the holidays? So weird. This was literally one of the fastest years of my life. But anyway, now that it’s a new month, it’s time to recap my October goals and set new ones for the month of November. Overall I feel like October was a slight fail. I accomplished 6 out of 10 goals, but the 4 that I failed at were kind of big ones. Ones that I really wanted to be successes. But they weren’t so I’ll have to try again this month!
- Blog 5 days a week – FAIL. I did really well for two weeks straight and then I had a couple bad mental health days and it all fell apart from there.
- Have all posts scheduled a week in advance – FAIL. Again, I did well for a couple of weeks and then everything fell apart. I had way too many posts this month that went up in the middle of the day because I just didn’t have the motivation to finish them the night or weekend before like planned. So I’m hoping to do better with this in November.
- Finally hit 10k monthly page views. FAIL. This one is a horrible fail. I’m pretty disappointed, but that’s my own fault for not being consistent enough this month. Consistency is super hard for me because of my mental health. Some days I just don’t want to do anything. But it’s getting better the more I get settled so I know I can make this happen in November.
- Update all old posts. – FAIL. Yup. I knew that was coming. I just hate updating those things! It’s so time-consuming and annoying! I did really well for the first few days and then got super bored of it. So it just didn’t happen. So maybe partial credit here for at least doing some of them?
Do 5+ sponsored posts– Success? I did not do five sponsored posts this month. I only did one (see here), BUT I did line up five for the month of November. So I’ll still consider it a win. Get back to the gym. Success! We’ve had a lot going on this past month (more on this to come later) so working out has been a bit more challenging for me since moving here. It can be so challenging to get back into your routines when you’ve been off them for a month or two, but I did it! I’m finally back in the gym five days a week AND I’ve even added a yoga class to my schedule twice a week. I’m on a roll with my health and fitness right now and I’m feeling absolutely amazing both physically and mentally. I couldn’t be more proud. Figure out my school situation– Success! After a lot of thought and weighing all my options, I finally figured out my school situation. If you remember from last month, I was a bit stressed out with my classes because I just had so much going on around here. I ended up with an F in my very first graduate course which was devastating to me. Going from a 4.0 GPA in my undergrad to an F just wasn’t acceptable. But I decided to stay at my current university since I love them so much and I also slightly changed my program. Rather than earning an MBA in Sport Management, I’ll be earning an MS in it instead. It’s 5 less classes and I already have the entire program completely mapped out. I will officially be done with school in either November 2017 or February 2018. I’m SO excited. Read 3 books. – Partial success? I finished a book I had started months ago and read a second one from start to finish. So that’s not too bad if you ask me! Go on a dinner cruise. – Success! You can check it out here. Cross 3 things off our San Diego bucket list.– Success! You can check it out here and here.
A lot of my goals from October are going to carry over into November as well, but I didn’t list them all here. They’ll be more of background goals for now. Maybe if I don’t write them down, then they’ll somehow happen? Maybe? We’ll see. But for now, these are my goals for the month of November:
- Figure out our Christmas cards. This is something I really wanted to make a tradition in our home. So far, the only year I’ve missed was our very first year because we weren’t living together yet. Plus some of our friends and family didn’t even know we were married yet. Oops. So we need to choose our photo for this year’s card, figure out the design, and gather all the addresses we need.
- Rock this new semester. I finally figured out school and spent all of October ordering my textbooks and printing out all my school information needed for this upcoming semester. If all goes as planned, I will be done with my masters degree and officially done with school altogether by next November or the following February (depending on how many classes I take each term). Just one more year left so I’m ready to kick some butt.
- Find a full-time job. When I left Maine, I was more than ready to start my sports career. I had my heart set on it, actually. Then I arrived in California where NONE of the San Diego teams are hiring right now. I’ve checked the job boards every single day since we arrived here and still, there’s nothing available. And it’s incredibly frustrating and discouraging. The Los Angeles Angels are hiring, buuuuut that’s a 2 hour drive from here. So that’s just not realistically doable. After a ton of thought and a million lists, I’ve decided to find a full-time job in a different industry. I want to work in sales, marketing and/or public relations so that I can gain experience in those areas, but it just won’t be in sports right now. The issue is that I absolutely refuse to settle. I’m about to be 25 in April and I’m a year away from completing my master’s degree. Thanks to this lifestyle, my entire resume consists of miscellaneous and seemingly pointless jobs. And it’s just not happening anymore. I need to be in a job position that truly contributes to my career. So I’m officially on the hunt for a full-time salaried position. I completed about 10 job applications the other night so I’m hoping to get a call back from one of those, but we shall see. I’m hoping to have a job by the end of the month so wish me luck!
- Reach 10k page views. Okay seriously, you guys. This is the month. I can feel it! I’m way too close. It’s driving me insane. So I am stepping up my blogging game and this will be the month that I hit 10k page views. Once January hits, I will not accept less than 10k page views each month. Last year, I went from averaging at 250 page views each month to 8k a month. That’s a huge improvement so I know I can grow even more!
- Increase my Twitter to 2k followers. I was so thrilled when I reached 1k Twitter followers a few months ago. But it’s been stuck at 1.5k for too long now. It needs to increase. So this month I’m hoping to reach the 2k mark! So if you want to help me out, then you can follow me here.
- Post to Instagram 2x a day. I am a complete failure at Instagram. Which is strange considering I love photography. I owned my own photography business for years and absolutely loved it. I wouldn’t mind getting back into it and shooting weddings again. But that’s beside the point. I’m horrible with my Instagram. I’ll post consistently for a few days and then not post anything for a week. It’s horrible, and I really think that’s why my account is suck at just over 1k followers. I’d really like for it to grow so the first step will be my consistency. And if you aren’t already following me on Instagram, then you can follow me here.
- Improve my consistency. Consistency is clearly an issue for me some weeks so this month, I hope to really schedule out my days and work my butt off. No more Netflix just because I’m not feeling great that day. I shall power through it this month.
What did you accomplish in October? What are your goals for November?