*This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation if you choose to make a purchase.
When I found out I was pregnant, I had zero interest in creating my baby registry. It’s not that I wasn’t excited or anything because I was completely thrilled to be having a baby. I was just incredibly overwhelmed by the number of items babies needed along with the thousands of brands out there. Not to mention the fact that everyone has an opinion on what the “best” baby items and brands are along with what items are needed and what aren’t. It was overwhelming to say the least and I honestly put off putting together my registry until I was almost six months along.
After a ton of research and recommendations from friends, family, and other parents, I was finally able to put together my registry. Now, after a few weeks of using everything on our list, I can safely say that these seven items are must-haves for your baby registry.
- Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe Nursery Center*. Aka, a pack n’ play. I purchased this in place of a bassinet. Originally I had zero interest in having Allie sleep in our bedroom, but once she arrived, it quickly became a pain in the butt to have her in her own room. So rather than wasting money on a bassinet that she could only use for a few months, I bought a pack n’ play with a bassinet insert. That way she can use it as a bassinet now and then later on, we’ll use it as a play yard as well as a bed for when she’s sleeping over at family’s homes. This made much more sense to us financially and it’s easily been one of the best things we’ve bought.
- Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper*. This thing is amazing. I’ll never understand parents who don’t buy these. This is where she takes a good majority of her naps during the day and since it’s portable, I’m easily able to move it from room to room when I have cleaning to do. I even take it into the bathroom with me when I’m showering. That way she can nap and I can keep an eye on her at the same time. Love this thing! Also, if you’re able to find one for free or at a discounted price, then definitely go with a used version (cleaned of course!). I’m super big on only buying new items, but babies can only use these things for so long and they can be super pricey to buy brand new. So if you’re able to save money here, then do it!
- Munchkin Travel Bottle Warmer*. This isn’t a necessity, but man is this helpful when you’re in the car. I saw another blogger using this months back and I knew it was something I had to try out. So I immediately added it to my registry and have loved it since the first time I used it. Thankfully our child isn’t too picky when it comes to the temperature of her bottles, but she definitely sleeps better when it’s warmer. So being able to warm up her bottles on the go is super helpful.
- Graco FastAction Fold Click Connect Travel System*. I spent way too much time stressing over the car seat we’d choose. There are just so many recalls out there and way too many reviews and safety concerns. It was overwhelming to say the least. I had originally wanted to buy a carseat that she could use all the way into her toddler years, but ultimately we ended up going with a travel system instead which includes both her infant car seat and her stroller. First off, this stroller is fantastic and moves super smoothly and second, the click connect makes it soooo easy to go from the car to her stroller. It makes her even more portable when we’re on the go without having to constantly take her out and transfer her.
- Motorola Video Baby Monitor*. I wasn’t too picky when it came to our baby monitor, but so far, I’m loving this one! Unfortunately, we’re not currently using it much as Allie’s been sleeping in our bedroom, but the video and sound quality are both excellent. I highly recommend it to those who are looking for a good baby monitor.
- Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier*. I didn’t think I’d be the type to want a carrier like this, but man is it good to have. Sometimes you just don’t want to push around a stroller or it’s just not as doable to have a stroller. Having a carrier like this allows you to move freely and have both hands free as well. PLUS we can use it all the way into her toddler years.
- Honest Company Diaper Bag Everything Tote*. I know this is a larger purchase, but I promise you this bag is worth every penny. I just did not want a diaper bag with obnoxious colors and patterns all over it. Also, I wanted a bag that could double as my primary bag. I didn’t want to be carrying a purse and a diaper bag everywhere I went. So this was the perfect option! Not only does it go well with everything, it’s super functional as well. I’ll be doing a more in-depth post on this bag at a later date.
What are the must-have items you had/have on your registry?