I’m a little late in posting my goals this month, but in my defense, I had a super cute baby. So I’ve been busy. But I’m so excited for this month! May was crazy busy (but successful) and June is going to be just as busy. I’ll be finishing up my current semester of school this week so I’m very excited to have next week off from classes before jumping into the next term. We also have my parents and sisters flying in from Maine later this week for four days and Zack’s mom will be visiting for a week at the end of the month/early July. I’ll also hopefully be starting a new venture sometime in the next week or two as well although I’m not sharing any details there yet. On top of all of that, we have a beautiful new baby who will be taking up all available “free” time. So it’ll be busy around here yet again!
May was an overall very successful month around here and I have high hopes for the month of June as well. So let’s dive into my May accomplishments and my goals for June!
- Figure out my work plans. Success! I think? So I’ve been going back and forth for way too long now on whether or not I’ll be going back to work full-time this summer. When I arrived in California I had every intention of going back to work and starting my career in sports…and then Allie happened. Zero regrets there of course. Allie was 100% planned. But since finding out I was pregnant, I’ve really struggled with determining whether or not I’d work full-time and be a mom at the same time. After a lot of debate and many conversations with Zack, it looks like I’ll be a WAHM for now. I just couldn’t imagine leaving her all day with a stranger or placing her in a crowded daycare where she may or may not get the attention she needs and deserves. So instead, I’ll be staying home with her and focusing on this blog full-time again! 🙂
- Get ahead in my schoolwork. Success! I literally had my entire social media marketing course completed before Allie was even born. I’m super fortunate that my professor opened up all the discussion boards for us so that I could do all the work in advance. It was so helpful and much less stressful once she was born. Rather than doing schoolwork, I’ve been able to spend more time with Allie which is much more enjoyable if you ask me. I wasn’t as ahead in my other course, but considering one course was done, it wasn’t a problem to focus on my second course with a baby.
- Pack my hospital bag. Success! Obviously? I needed to have it packed at some point! But it was definitely packed and ready to go long before I went into labor. So when I decided it was time to head to the hospital, all I had to do was grab my bag and hit the road! It was much less stressful having everything packed up in advance.
- Clean the house. Success(ish). The house was super clean by the time I hit 39 weeks, but then she decided to not come for another week and a half after that. Sooooo the house just wasn’t as clean as it was when I did the deep clean. BUT it wasn’t horrible and Zack and I ended up doing another deep clean the day we came home from the hospital while Allie napped. So it all worked out.
- Start on thank you cards. Success! Although I haven’t finished them yet, I did get started on them and some have even been mailed out! I’m hoping to mail out the rest of them this week.
- Hit the gym! I’m currently taking two weeks off from the gym to spend time with Allie and to allow my body to recover from labor. I’m already 100% approved by my doctor to resume my workouts whenever I choose so starting next Monday, I’ll be back at the gym and back to my normal routines. I’m already back to my pre-pregnancy weight so now I just have to get those abs back.
- Start a new venture. I wont go into details right now, but I’ve been working on a new career/education venture for a while now and am hoping to officially start it this month. I’ve just been waiting for the baby to arrive and then I had to get the finances in order. But it looks like I’ll be good to go in the next week or two! I’ll share more on this later.
- Read a book. Yesterday I shared 10 books that are on my summer reading list and I am more than excited to get started on it. I just started Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult so I’m hoping to actually finish it in the next week or two!
- Find a great memory book for Allie. I’ve been wanting a great memory book to keep track of all her firsts and fun memorabilia for while she’s young, but I have yet to actually look for one. I’m honestly not even sure where to buy it, actually. I guess Walmart or Target or something? If any of you have any recommendations on ones you’ve used and loved, I’d love to hear them!
- Date night with Zack. We have a ton of family coming this month which means we’ll have a lot of babysitters. My parents and sisters all come later this week for four days and then Zack’s mom comes at the end of the month for a week. So I’m hoping to have a date night with Zack at some point in there.
What did you accomplish in May? What are your goals for the month of June?