Sooooo next week’s the 4th already. How the heck did that happen?! This past month was easily the fastest month we’ve had so far this year. I think it’s partially because we were so on the go and busy all month long. We started the month with bringing Allie home from the hospital and then spent the month adjusting to parenthood and getting used to our new life. Then my family flew out from Maine a week after her arrival so were very busy for the four days that they were here. And then Zack’s mom flew in from Maine last Tuesday and has been here for the past week (she flies back home tomorrow). Then on top of all that, I started a new semester of school and I started a certification program as well (more on this below) so it’s safe to say we’ve been busy!
Because of our busy schedules this past month, June just wasn’t as successful as I had anticipated it being. Well, let me rephrase that. It wasn’t successful in the sense that I accomplished all the goals I had set. BUT I did accomplish a ton of other things that I didn’t include on my goals list last month. For example, I did great in both my courses last term, I’ve been way more consistent with my blog the past few weeks, I’m more consistent on social media, I’m adjusting to motherhood super well so far, I updated my site as well as all my social media platforms, I got accepted to multiple campaigns for the month of July, etc. I feel very on top of it these days. So I guess I can’t say June was a failure.
- Hit the gym! Fail. But that’s okay. Right now I’m just easing myself into my new routines. I’m now at a place where I feel like I have everything pretty well balanced so this goal is going to be carried over into this next month.
Start a new venture. Success! A few weeks ago I finally started my certification program to become a personal trainer! I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now, but just hadn’t had the time to do it. Between Zack coming and going last year and moving cross country and having the baby, life’s been pretty hectic. Not to mention I’m also earning my master’s degree online as well plus I have my blog full-time. But I finally decided to go for it and so far I’m loving it!
- Read a book. Fail. Yeah I knew this one would end up being a fail. I did get about halfway through though! So that’s not too bad. Maybe I’ll finish it this month.
Find a great memory book for Allie. Success! I found a super cute baby book at Charming Charlie’s a few weeks ago and am completely in love with it. It literally has everything imaginable in it including places for photos, her hospital bracelet, cards from family, and any other little memorabilia we’d want to keep. It goes all the way up through her first year so I’ll have it for a while.
- Date night with Zack. Fail. But honestly I’m not too disappointed or worried about this one. Our family was only in town for so long so we spent every moment we could with them while they were all here. And honestly, I’m not really ready to leave Allie with people quite yet. Even with family. So I don’t mind holding off on “real” date nights for now.
- Create a schedule. Now that I’m doing a lot better with balancing everything i have going on in my life, I now want to create an actual schedule for myself so I can stay on track. It’s hard enough working from home and earning a degree online and adding in Allie makes it even more challenging. Plus I need to work in my gym routine again too. So I’m hoping to have a good schedule in place by the end of the month.
- Post five days a week. I’m So happy with my consistency on this blog this past month. Which is super strange because you’d normally expect productivity to decrease when you have a baby. But for some reason, I’ve been feeling even more energetic and motivated since her arrival. So this month, I’m determined to post five times a week, every single week. I already have my content calendar planned out so it shouldn’t be too hard, right?
- FINALLY update ALL archived posts. Seriously. This is happening this month. I’ve been on a role with it these past couple weeks so I’m determined to actually get this 100% done this month. I feel like this has been a never-ending project for a year now and I’m just over it. So wish me luck!
- Work out 3-5 days a week. Right now my only real issue with working out is working it into our schedules. My gym is 20 minutes north of us and doesn’t have daycare (although Allie wouldn’t be old enough for daycare anyway). So the only time of day I can go is in the evening after Zack gets home. BUT he gets home at 5pm and traffic on the highway is literally stopped at that time. So a 20 minute drive would quickly turn into a 45 minute drive which just isn’t something I’m wanting to deal with at that time of day. We have a fitness center at our apartment but it completely sucks and I feel zero motivation when I’m in there. So I either have to switch gyms to one that’s closer to us for find a way to get to my current gym. I’ll have to figure it out this month!
- Stay on top of my schoolwork. I just started a brand new semester for my master’s degree a few weeks ago and so far it’s been a little bit of a slow start. Mainly because my focus is on Allie and my blog right now. But like all my other goals, I’m spending this month finding balance and creating a real schedule that works. So hopefully I’ll have zero issues with staying on stop of homework.
What did you accomplish in June? What are your goals for the month of July?