Happy August everyone! I have no idea where I’ve been this past month, but life has been crazy around here. I set my July goals, blinked and all of a sudden it was August. It’s crazy. So since this past month went by so quickly, it just wasn’t very successful whatsoever. It was a pretty big failure actually in the goals department. So rather than revisiting my goals from last month and going over why I failed miserably at accomplishing them, I’m just going to focus on the positive and tell you what I did accomplish this past month.
- Allie is sleeping through the night! Yes, our 9 week old has been sleeping through the night (9-12 hours) for weeks now. It’s insane. She was already a really awesome sleeper and has never woken up more than twice in one night since the day she was born. But now she’s going to bed and staying asleep until morning and I’m loving it. She’s been sleeping like this for 3-4 weeks now so cross your fingers for me that she keeps this up!
- I dropped out of graduate school. Yes, I’m counting this as an accomplishment. Why? Well because it was stressing me the f*ck out and I needed to make some serious changes to my daily routine. I just got to a point where I didn’t even want my master’s degree anymore so there was no reason for me to continue the stress. I could end up going back to it, but for now I’m more than happy with not dealing with it.
- We finalized the details for our next move. Our lease for our current apartment is up next month so we’ll be moving into our final apartment here in San Diego sometime in September. I’m already not looking forward to yet another move. In the 4 years that we’ve been married, I’ve moved 5 (?) times. And now we’re about to move a 6th time. Then I’ll be moving back to New England next summer so there’s 7. And then we’ll be moving into our own home in Maine probably next fall so there’s 8. And we’re currently not 100% sure if that’ll be our forever home or if we’ll be making one more move to Boston. It’s still up in the air. But I’m SO sick of moving at this point. I’m ready to unpack and fully settle.
- We organized Allie’s closet. I don’t know why I waited so long to do this, but I finally got Allie’s closet organized. She’s officially out of her newborn clothing which is super sad and she’s even starting to grow out of some of her 0-3 month clothing as well..and she’s only 9 weeks old. She’s been wearing 3-6 month clothes which is crazy to me. We don’t have a dresser for her right now since we don’t have a whole lot of space in this apartment so it’s been challenging to find a way to keep it all organized. But I finally went to Target and found a good, neat way to keep all her clothes organized in her closet. So I’m pretty thrilled about this. It makes life so much easier when I go to pick out her clothes in the morning.
- Kill my ab workouts. This month I really want to hardcore focus on my ab workouts. I admit I’ve been slightly lazy about it these last couple months. My main focus has been on Allie, Zack and this blog. So I reeeeally need to get back on track this month so I don’t go insane.
- Double my income for September. I feel so good with where I am in my blogging right now. I’ve been working so hard this past month to get it back to where I want it to be and I’m so pleased with it. I’ve worked with some great brands so I’m excited to find more work for the next few months.
- Declutter our home. Since we’re going to be moving next month (again), I want to spend some time this month going through our home and decluttering so that we’re not moving additional junk that we don’t need or want anymore. Our current apartment is just so small and cramped so I’m hoping to not have this issue in the new place.
- Tackle my Instagram. I’ve been wanting to get my Instagram under control for a while now. I have the issue of comparing my Instagram to that of other bloggers and it leaves me feeling very unhappy with my account. I feel like it’s just so messy and inconsistent right now and it drives me insane. Plus I’m trying to take all my Instagram photos with my Nikon rather than my iPhone. So we’ll see how it goes. But I’m hoping to have a much prettier and more cohesive Instagram by the end of the month.
- Read a book. I know, I know. This is on everyone’s monthly goals list (including my own) and most months, I don’t even accomplish this goal. BUT this month will be different, I swear! I’m finding myself having horrible insomnia some nights and I’m always spending the time staring at my phone. So I just downloaded some new books to my Kindle app in the hopes that I’ll spend my nights reading rather than skimming Facebook. Wish me luck! And if you have any book recommendations, please let me know!!
What are your goals for August?