It’s officially September and my news feeds are now full of everything Halloween and pumpkin spice. Unfortunately here in Southern California, fall is still in the very distant future. And that makes me SO sad. I want nothing more than to be able to wear leggings and my cute boots or my vests. I want to darken my hair again and transition to all my dark lip stains and nail polish colors. My heart screams fall, but the state screams summer. It’s so horrible!
Overall, this summer wasn’t half bad. I loved kicking off the summer with having a baby and it’s made this summer one of the best! It’s bittersweet entering into a new month and soon, a new season. But I’m excited for everything we have planned for the rest of the year! So let’s recap my August goals/accomplishments and set some new goals for the month of September.
- Kill my ab workouts. Fail…kind of. I was doing really well the first half of the month and was doing my ab workout on a daily basis aaaaand then I had a day where I wasn’t feeling too great and it went downhill from there. But I’m still back to my workouts and am very pleased about that, so I’m only counting this as a half fail.
Double my income for September. Success! I’m super excited about everything I have going on right now and am pleased with where I am with work. It’s been a lot of work adding Allie to my work day so I’m finally feeling a bit more back on track. Declutter our home. Success! This is still a work in process, but I did get a head start on cleaning up the house and preparing for our move. I’m really not thrilled about moving into a new apartment, but at least I have everything a bit more organized now. That should make it a little less stressful when the movers come in a couple weeks. Tackle my Instagram. Success!! I’m quite impressed with Instagram right now. At the start of the month, I finally put together a good, cohesive editing style that I’m really loving. I’ve also been posting twice a day most days which is HUGE for me. I was in a rut where I was literally only posting once every 4 days or so and I know it wasn’t helping me at all. But I’m really liking it and the direction it’s going in. So this was a huge success for me!
- Read a book. Fail. But let’s be real here. When is this goal ever a success when life gets busy? Maybe I’ll try again next month.
- Have a stress free move. We move into our new apartment on the 15th and I’m already stressing over it. It’s just such a pain in the butt to move as often as we do. But I’m super excited to be moving into a bigger home so I’m hoping everything goes smoothly and we’re able to get settled super quickly and easily.
- Get back into yoga. I haven’t taken yoga since Allie was born and I’m missing it a ton! So I’d love to get back into it. This is the perfect month to start it up again too since we have so much going on. I’ll need a way to destress. So I’m hoping to take a class every Saturday morning so that I have an hour set aside every week of quiet “me time”.
- Take Allie to the pool. I’ve been wanting to take Allie to the pool all summer, but it’s just SO hot out here and it’s always sunny and bright out as well. So I’ve been putting it off and hoping for a cooler day where it won’t be so horrible to have her outdoors. Now that our 100 degree heat wave is over, we’re back in the high 70’s/low 80’s so I’d love to take her to the pool and see how she likes it. She loves bath time so I’m sure she’ll love it!
- Blog consistently. I didn’t start off the month too consistent, but I’m blaming the holiday. We’ve had Zack home for the last four days and it’s been amazing! I honestly haven’t touched my MacBook at all in that time. But he goes back to work tomorrow so I’m going to get organized today so I can have a great, productive month!
- Cross something off our San Diego bucket list. I’ve technically already done this. We just went to a Padres game at Petco Park over the weekend which was on our bucket list. But I won’t count it since I’m just now getting around to setting my goals. So I’ll have to find something else on our list to do this month!
What are your goals for September?