As a woman, I love a great date night. In my perfect world, it would include a nice dinner, and maybe a museum visit. Even as I type this, I can see my hubby looking away and hiding a little eye roll! Maybe this is why it’s tough to get most couples (our male half) to commit to a date night. Let’s face it, for most couples there are some hurdles:
- What will it cost
- Will it be fun for both of you
- There are chores to do
Now, if I said to my husband – “hey, I have Sharks tickets for our date night” there would be a foot race to the car! He may even be down the road before he realized I was still locking the back door & not in the car with him.
I can’t offer you a free babysitter, or Sharks tickets – but I can give you a “man approved” date night that’s inexpensive and easy to pull off. I’m calling it “Date Night Darts”.
Here is what you need to pull it off:
- Dart Board – $14.99
- Sharpie or other permanent marker
- Refreshments (we like some cold brews)
- Score Sheet : pad & paper or iphone app
How it works
- Mark the dart board with all sorts of things to win that are easy to do on the spot. You can get some snacks to add on here that you know your hubby will enjoy to play for. Some ideas are:
- Back Rub
- Tell a secret
- Sing a song lyric
- I.O.U (winner picks)
- Snickers Bar
- Set the tone with a rockin’ playlist, drinks and snacks. We like the “Train” radio station from Apple radio, but use whatever you want. Just make sure it’s a bit of a party environment.
- Play darts! Keep score 2 ways. First, completing the tasks on the dart board. i.e.: if he lands a dart on the “kiss me” – then pucker up. You’ll also keep regular score on the pad of paper or download a free app. Here is a quick scoring guide.
Whoever makes it to 300 points first, wins. But really, you both win. This entire date night is under $25 – and promises hours of fun. If you don’t want to mark up your dart board permanently, just buy some removable stickers to write on.
If you enjoyed this free date night, you might want to check out our blog at Date Box Club! We’re crafting together creative dates that bring couples closer together.
Maureen Birdsall is the co-founder of DateBoxClub.com, a monthly subscription box that delivers creative date nights to your door. She is a creative warrior, and loves to spend time with her husband and family doing anything but the ordinary! She loves painting, glass blowing, traveling, books & motorcycles – she’s also a sucker for a caramel iced coffee and a glue gun – maybe not at the same time
Connect with us @DateBoxClub