It’s 2017!! I am SO excited for this new year. We have so many amazing things planned for this year with our family and this blog and my career and moving plans (again). It’s going to be a super busy year, but I’m really looking forward to it. This post is going to be a little more jam-packed than my usual monthly goals posts. It’ll be the usual accomplishments from last month along with the goals for this month, but then it’s also going to consist of my resolutions for the new year. So I’m balancing a ton of goals right now in this post. But that’s what happens when you’re starting a new year and a new month. So let’s get on to it!
DECEMBER GOALS + ACCOMPLISHMENTS
December was 50% successful in terms of the goals I had set for myself. Not too bad, right? But I did accomplish a ton of additional things as well that I didn’t write down on my goals list so I’d say it was a pretty good month regardless.
- Get back to the gym. Fail. In my defense, this is due to my lack of car. My Jeep was in the shop for four weeks so I literally didn’t go anywhere in that time. It was so horrible and frustrating. But this is being recycled into this month! I got my car back last week so I plan to be back in the gym on Monday!
- Clean up my office. Fail. I really wasn’t even in my office to begin with this month. I worked from the couch a lot so that I could spend more time with Zack while he was home.
Start going to bed at a normal time.Success! Thank God for melatonin and an amazing pregnancy body pillow my parents sent me for Christmas.
- Plan a super awesome gender reveal. Fail. We find out the gender this week and I still have no idea how I’m going to announce it yet. So I’ll need to find some ideas this week.
Officially put together our baby registry.Success! Our registry is about 95% put together and we already crossed a few things off of it this month as well. So I’m feeling a million times better there. I just need to add some finishing touches to it and then it’ll be complete and I can send it out to family and anyone else who wants it. Put together my first product.Success! I spent so much time brainstorming some great products for you all and after a lot of trial and error, I finally got a great freebie put together for you all (details below). If you’re already on my email list, then you received this freebie in this morning’s newsletter. If you’re not a subscriber yet, then continue reading to find out how you can get this awesome freebie!
- Continue my weekly newsletter. Fail. I’ve been so busy with all my other miscellaneous blogging tasks that I decided to put this one on hold for the month so that I could get my blog looking better and more organized first. So now that everything is up to date, I’ll be able to jump back into my newsletter this month.
Put together my 2017 blog plan.Half success. This still needs some work, but I plan to have it fully done and printed out this week.
This month was spent getting a TON of blog work done. And I mean a TON: I got my Pinterest organized and looking better, I set up Board Booster, I planned out my editorial calendar for the entire year (more on this later!), I updated a lot of older posts and plan to have the rest fully updated this week, I updated SEO, I invested in the Blog to Biz Hive by Melyssa Griffin to take my site to the next level this year, I created a great opt-in freebie for my subscribers, I updated all of my social media profiles, I switched to ConvertKit and got my email list updated and ready to go for the new year. The list goes on and on. My blog is literally all I’ve worked on this month and I am so proud of where it is right now. I’m definitely starting the new year in a great place!
I had a hard time limiting my goals for this month because I just have SO many things planned out that I’m more than ready to get started on. So I’m hoping to accomplish much more than what’s on this list, but I’ll try to keep it realistic for now.
- Complete my semester with B’s in both courses. This has been a super challenging semester since practically all of my time and energy has been going to this blog instead. So at this point, I just want both courses to end with B’s. It’s not the 4.0 that I had in undergrad, but sometimes life happens. I will be more than happy with B’s!
- Read 2 books this month. I thought December was going to be the month that I finally start and finish a book and it wasn’t. I started a book in late November, but the moment I started taking melatonin to help me sleep at night, I found it more challenging to stay up to read after Zack went to bed. And it’s next to impossible to get myself to read during the day. So I’m going to have to find the time to do this this month.
- Get back to the gym 5 days a week. I missed the gym SO much this past month. You have no idea. We have a fitness center in our apartment complex, but it’s just so tiny and really doesn’t offer the type of workout I’m wanting. So I’m quite thrilled to have my car back now and get back to the gym.
- Get back to yoga one day a week. Same as the gym. Having my car back will be very helpful in getting my butt back to yoga.
- Get my eating habits back on track. I slightly caved a bit with not being able to get to the gym this past month. Not horribly, but it needs a little bit of work right now. Getting back to the gym will help this a lot so as long as I’m back to my workouts, I should be good food-wise.
- Start brainstorming ideas for a babymoon this spring. I’d love to get away for a weekend or even just a night for our final little getaway as a family of two.
- Start cooking full meals 5 days a week. I’m not gonna lie, I hate cooking. With a passion. I’m never going to be that wife who’s excited about cooking big amazing meals every night. It’s just not my cup of tea. But I do want to get more creative in our meal choices this month.
- Continue with Blog to Biz Hive. If you aren’t following Melyssa Griffin, then I feel sorry for you. You NEED to be following her blog this year and if you’re wanting to take your blog to the next level, then I highly suggest her courses. I just joined the Blog to Biz Hive and am already learning so much from it. I have so much planned for this blog this year. I’m excited!
- Increase my email list by 300 subscribers. This seems like a large increase, but I think it’s doable this month. Especially with the help of the Blog to Biz Hive. I have high hopes for this one.
- Finish updating all my blog posts. Okay for real you guys. This is happening. This has been a never-ending process and to be honest, it’s a super annoying one. So this month, my ENTIRE blog will be up to date and looking amazing. It’s happening.
2017 GOALS + RESOLUTIONS
For new year’s resolutions, I like to break down my goals based on certain areas of my life so that I’m balanced in what I’m focusing on each year. So here are some of my larger goals for 2017:
- Personal: To complete my master’s degree with a 3.5 GPA or higher by the end of the year.
- Marriage: To find new ways to connect with Zack after the baby is born and to learn how to parent together.
- Motherhood: To give birth to a happy and healthy baby and to not stress too much during the remainder of my pregnancy.
- Health: To get my pre-pregnancy body back by the end of the summer.
- Blogging and business: To completely switch monetization methods and become full-time again by the end of the year.
- Financial: To start saving up for our move back to New England in 2018. My goal is to have $5k+ in savings this year.
MY WORD OF THE YEAR
I’ve never picked a word of the year in the past, but this year, it just seems fitting to pick one. This year is going to be full of so many amazing changes and accomplishments and I already have a ton planned for our year. So this year, I feel that the perfect word is growth. Everything we have planned for this year is centered around growth. The growth of our family, the growth of this blog, my personal growth and development with my mental and physical health, my career growth. I hope to make this year as successful as I possibly can and I have no doubt that growth will play a huge role in our life this year.
What are your goals for January and the New Year?