This post contains affiliate links, meaning commission can be earned on sales of purchases by those who click them.
Since becoming a new mom, my iPhone has accumulated a ton of extra apps. Parenting apps, games, coupon and discount apps, social media apps. I’ve probably doubled the number of apps on my phone in the last 8 months. It’s almost obsessive. But in my defense, mom life can be quite challenging and even lonely some days. Being a stay-at-home-mom who works very part time from home, it can be really challenging to meet and connect with people. Not to mention the fact that new mom life is already challenging in itself. So I found myself asking around for helpful apps that can help me connect with others and get through my day more easily. Well, I found a TON of awesome apps. Some of them I already had on my phone but really wasn’t using much and others I ended up downloading per recommendations from other moms. These apps have been game changers for me so of course, I wanted to share them with you as well. These are my top go to apps to make mom life less lonely and a million times easier!
1. Glow Baby. Glow has multiple apps: Glow Fertility for period and ovulation tracking, Glow Nurture for tracking your pregnancy and Glow Baby for tracking your baby’s growth and development along with their diapers and feedings. Not all moms like to track their feedings and diapers, but we find it super helpful. It makes it so much easier when we go to doctor’s appointments and they’re asking us how much she’s eating each day or how much she’s pooping and peeing. We can look back to see if there are any abnormalities. I also love the mommy discussion boards in these apps as well. I love having other moms to talk to and ask questions whenever I need to. For a first time mom, that community is so important and helpful.
2. The Wonder Weeks. I just recently heard about this app and love it! Some moms in the discussion boards were mentioning things like “second leap” and I was always so confused as to what they were talking about. Well, this app tells you what all that is. The Wonder Weeks App gives you a breakdown of all your little one’s developmental stages so that you know in advance when you could experience some fussiness or sleep regressions and things like that. It’s so helpful in understanding your baby and everything they’re going through developmentally.
3. Target Registry. We used Target for our baby registry and it made it so much easier for friends and family back home to send us what we needed. After Allie was born, we decided to keep the registry going and every month we’ll update it with things we may be needing and Allie’s updated clothing and diaper sizes and things like that. This came in handy around the holidays. It was like creating our Christmas wishlist. Our family loves buying her things so again, this made it super easy for them to see what we were needing or wanting and they could just order it from their phones or computers and it would ship right to us. So definitely keep this on your phone!
4. Groupon. If you’ve never tried Groupon then you need to go download this app right now. Seriously. It’s the best. It’s especially awesome for date nights, mommy getaways, and even activities for older children. It’s pretty much a coupon app for fun and activities in your area. So if you’re in need of a deep tissue massage, you could find a deal on Groupon that may be something like $40 for a 1 hour massage when the original price of that massage is $120 (yes, they have deals THIS good!). This is a great app for families who want to save money on various activities.
5. Pampers Rewards. I don’t use this app a lot but it’s really awesome for getting discounts on Pampers products. Whenever you buy diapers or wipes, you scan the rewards bar and you get points added to your account. Once you have a certain number of points, you start saving money on products. So if you’re looking to save money, then this app is great!
6. Honest. This is a great app for any of you mommies who are using The Honest Company for your diapers and wipes. We’re using their subscription service every month where they send us a month’s worth of diapers and wipes every 4 weeks (you can alter how often you want your package to be sent out. This package includes 6 packages of diapers and 4 packs of wipes). So having this app is super handy because I’m able to make changes to my monthly shipment super easily. I can add or remove products or change the diaper patterns or change the shipping date or change the diaper size. It’s great! And if you’re looking for a good way to save some money on diapers and wipes then I highly suggest this subscription. I think we spend $80 every 5-6 weeks or so.
7. Evernote. I’m a huge list maker and moms are always needing lists. This is a great place to make grocery lists or jot down any notes from throughout the day. I also use it for my blog as well to keep all my blog post ideas organized in a single place. You can also use Evernote from your desktop as well and it’ll sync to your phone. So I much prefer this to the ‘notes’ app in my iPhone.
8. Beachbody On Demand. The first thing I wanted to do after giving birth was hit the gym. We all want to get back to our pre-pregnancy weights and Beachbody On Demand can help you do that! This app is full of different workout routines that you can do right from your own living room so it’s perfect for moms who can’t make it to the gym (they can also be done at the gym if you have the time to go!). So if you’re ready to get back in shape, then this is a great app to have.
9. Snapchat. This is an essential for us. All of our family members live 3,000+ miles away so they’re just not around to see Allie’s every day life. So with Snapchat, I can send our friends and family photos all day every day so they’re constantly up to date with everything that’s going on around here.
10. Pinterest. I don’t know a single mom who doesn’t use Pinterest. Pinterest is a mom’s best friend. It’s my favorite place to gain inspiration and helpful tips. I have vision boards for nurseries, vacation boards, activities for little ones, parenting boards, etc. Anything I need can be found on Pinterest.
11. Audible. Sitting down actually reading a book just isn’t doable some days. I’m on the go from the time we wake up to the time we crawl into bed. And once I’m in bed, the last thing I want to do is read a book. My mind just isn’t there. But I love reading so Audible is amazing. It allows me to listen to books on the go or while I’m playing with Allie or getting some work done. I love it!
12. Sleep Pillow. This is essentially a white noise machine for parents. And it’s awesome. I am a horrible sleeper regardless of having a little one so having some background noise is so helpful in helping me fall asleep at night. So if you need your own white noise machine, then download this app.
13. Cozi Family. I know I’ll do a whole post on this once we’re home with family, but so far we’re really loving this app. Cozi* allows me to connect my calendars to Zack’s so that we always know when we have appointments and dinner reservations and anything else we may have going on. We can even share grocery lists so if Zack’s the one to do the grocery shopping on his way home from work, I can make the list from my phone and it’ll instantly sync to his phone so he has it too. Once we move back home, I’ll most likely have family download the app*as well so that we can easily coordinate babysitters when needed too. This is an essential organizational tool for families.
14. Door Dash. Because sometimes you just don’t feel like cooking. And that’s okay! We’ve been completely obsessed with Door Dash these last few months. A couple times a month we’ll have a night where cooking just isn’t something we want to do. So instead, we’ll order from our favorite restaurants nearby. With Door Dash, you can literally order from anywhere. Even the local convenience store if you’re wanting an extra bottle of wine! So this has been a lifesaver for us.
15. Think Dirty. I came across this app when Allie was probably 3 months old or so and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. You just scan the beauty products in your home and it will give you a breakdown of what’s in that product and how harmful each chemical is. We love this! I used it once and then literally tossed half Allie’s products in the trash. It wasn’t pretty. I know use this app every time I’m in Target buying her something new. This app is great.
16. Starbucks Rewards. Oh the amount of Starbucks I’ve consumed these last 8 months. Coffee is a must for new moms. And with the Starbucks rewards app, you can earn points with every purchase. Once you collect enough stars, you earn a free food item or beverage! You also get a free birthday drink every year along with access to various discounts and promotions that may be going on. So if you love Starbucks, then you need to download the app.
17. Peanut. This app is AWESOME. It’s pretty much Tinder for moms. You fill out your profile and use it to find your perfect mommy friend in your area. You swipe up if you like their profile or swipe down to skip if you don’t feel that you’d be a match. If you both swipe up, then you’re officially a match! So if you’re in need of some mommy friends but are having a hard time meeting people then this app could be super useful to you.
18. Amazon. Duh. Because who wants to have to leave the house every single time you need something? I don’t. And Amazon has same day delivery as well as free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime. So this is a must!
There you have it! Those are my absolute favorite apps that make mommy life so much easier for me. I’d love to hear what apps you have on your phone! What are your must-have parenting apps?